Many, many years ago I worked behind the bar in The Woodshed at the Hilton Coylumbridge. We used to be really busy in the winter with skiers coming in off the hill. There were no snowboarders then - that's how long ago it was!
Published: Fri 27 Feb 2015
Valentine's Day! The day for lovers (and lovers of good food) was beckoning, so some planning was needed, as you can't have good food without good wine.
Published: Thu 29 Jan 2015
A Saturday night at 6pm towards the fag end of January and we hadn't thought to book ahead, who needs to reserve a table at this time of year in the Highlands?
Published: Thu 18 Dec 2014
The Winking Owl is Aviemore's oldest pub and used to be one of the busiest, but for the past few years it has sadly been in the Doldrums and even had the 'closed' sign up.
Published: Tue 16 Dec 2014
It's a fairly safe bet that everyone living in the Highlands with school-age children will be aware of the existence of the Landmark Forest Adventure Park in Carrbridge.
- Event of the Week: For Scotland's first family
- Rufus Wainwright heads to Strathpeffer
- Sister Sledge play Bella 2017
- Precious moments in a 53 year career
- Vue screens Oasis movie Supersonic
- Rock guitar hero goes unplugged for city concert
- Scottish homecoming for late starter David
- Country star Nathan Carter's rock
- Gem of a songwriter plays free Highland shows
- New book festival planned for Inverness