Many, many years ago I worked behind the bar in The Woodshed at the Hilton Coylumbridge. We used to be really busy in the winter with skiers coming in off the hill. There were no snowboarders then - that's how long ago it was!
Published: Fri 27 Feb 2015
Valentine's Day! The day for lovers (and lovers of good food) was beckoning, so some planning was needed, as you can't have good food without good wine.
Published: Thu 29 Jan 2015
A Saturday night at 6pm towards the fag end of January and we hadn't thought to book ahead, who needs to reserve a table at this time of year in the Highlands?
Published: Thu 18 Dec 2014
The Winking Owl is Aviemore's oldest pub and used to be one of the busiest, but for the past few years it has sadly been in the Doldrums and even had the 'closed' sign up.
Published: Tue 16 Dec 2014
It's a fairly safe bet that everyone living in the Highlands with school-age children will be aware of the existence of the Landmark Forest Adventure Park in Carrbridge.
- Nothing to fret about at evening of blues
- Event of the week: Folk heroes
- Waterstones' Syria appeal hits £1 million mark
- 14 new acts confirmed for HebCelt
- Amy can't outrun Orkney childhood
- REVIEW: Scottish Ballet's Cinderella
- Tough love for mums and teens
- Inverness's Jenna shows how to live your dash
- Mongolian music in their blood
- Torridon make a good match for Dingwall Town Hall show