WHEN the character of a young girl called Clementine unexpectedly "popped up" in writer Mary Paulson-Ellis's mind, it changed her plans for her debut novel The Other Mrs Walker.
Published: Wed 27 Sep 2017
AFTER a successful fundraising campaign, NessBookFest is ready to return to Inverness for its second year from Thursday, October October 5 to 8.
Published: Wed 13 Sep 2017
IF Stirling's Bloody Scotland festival is a celebration of tartan noir, this year's event may have given birth to a sub-genre. Midgie noir ..
Published: Thu 07 Sep 2017
AN ambitious novel that blends fiction and reality takes part of its inspiration from the West Highlands after the author fell in love with the area.
Published: Tue 20 Jun 2017
COMEDIAN and broadcaster-turned-chef Hardeep Singh Kohli is set to headline this year's Nairn Book and Arts Festival with other guests including STV's political editor Bernard Ponsonby and crime writer Louise Welsh among almost 100 events planned.
- REVIEW: The Long Drop by Denise Mina
- Writer Sarah Fraser's royal subject
- REVIEW: Deadly Prospects by Clio Gray
- Ullapool-bound Hollie McNish 'shocked' at Ted Hughes award win
- REVIEW: Infinite Ground by Martin MacInnes
- Highland Literary Salon's guest Brian Johnstone will share family memoir with a twist
- Story of the Raintown year - with Ian Rankin
- REVIEW: The Legacy by Yrsa Sigurdardottir
- REVIEW: Kathryn Joseph
- Highland Literary Salon's next guest Kellan MacInnes on the politics of latest book's setting
- Unexplored Netherlands - Terneuzen
- Jay Rayner's taste for the stage
- Tijuana Bibles' double dates
- Arnstadt - a German gem
- Japan adventure in Osaka and Kyoto
- Italian classics among film fans' new season
- Meet writer Mary at NessBookFest
- REVIEW: Blanche and Butch
- Runrig announce second farewell date!
- Malcolm balances his own music and his dad Jack's legacy