THE term "tartan noir" might have started as a joke coined by arguably its most high profile practitioner Ian Rankin, but there is no escaping the success of the brand.
Published: Thu 04 Feb 2016
Waterstones, the UK's largest bookseller, has announced that its Buy Books for Syria campaign has hit its target to raise one million pounds.
Published: Wed 03 Feb 2016
AS a teenager, Amy Liptrot used to dream of escaping her Orkney home for the bright lights of London, but the islands offered her sanctuary when she sought to overcome her alcoholism.
Published: Tue 26 Jan 2016
STUART Edmond recalls a life on the post-war ocean in his memoir of a career at sea.
Published: Fri 22 Jan 2016
SCOTS TV actor David McCallum is as well known as the 60s sex symbol of TV smash The Man From U.N.C.L.E as he is playing veteran medical examiner Ducky in NCIS's 13-series global TV number one drama.
- Chris Brookmyre should find Inverness launch location a familiar one
- Peter May walks Coffin Road, just bee-cause ...
- Highlands gives fantasy its magic
- Angus Dunn's poems live on
- REVIEW: Books of 2015 ... treats for 2016
- Tweet your pitch!
- Hot books in the North
- Graeme's Wester Ross roots lead to murder
- REVIEW: Dork Diaries: Diary Starter Kit
- THE TIGER PROWLS: A pop-up book of wild animals
- Rob Heron And The Tea Pad Orchestra in Thurso
- Album catch-up
- REVIEW: Tartan Noir
- Gaelic film awards to be screened live online for the first time
- A year of free shows is just the ticket for Barbara
- TECHnique moves venue
- Event of the week: True life drama
- Get out there with the Banff Mountain Film Festival
- Ballet students face a big stage in their education
- Nothing to fret about at evening of blues