Author Ian Rankin remembers 1987 fondly - Detective Inspector John Rebus debuted in print - but so do Deacon Blue who released Raintown.
Published: Tue 11 Apr 2017
CRIME writer Yrsa Sigurdardottir already has one successful series of thrillers featuring Thora Gudmundsdottir.
Published: Fri 24 Mar 2017
The DIY feel and halftime tea, crisps and juice of the Inverness GET IN project gig contrasted with the brilliance of KATHRYN JOSEPH and supports.
Published: Fri 17 Mar 2017
NEXT week writer Kellan MacInnes returns to the Highlands to talk about his novel set during the original Scottish referendum fever -with a referendum the country's hottest topic again.
Published: Fri 10 Mar 2017
SHORTLISTED for a Railway & Canal Historical Society Award recognising the best in transport books, David Spaven's history of the beautiful, but economically vulnerable Far North Line is a labour of love.
- BOOK REVIEW: Black Widow
- Writer Kenneth Steven will read new work at Inverness event
- NessBookFest is back!
- Writer's workshop shares diary of Washington-era US life
- REVIEW: Highland Literary Salon slam
- London calling for Fiona MacBain at novel showcase
- North writers' £2000 awards
- Backwards in time for Cynthia's new novel
- Ullapool Book Festival announces line-up
- Writing and music stars teach at Moniack
- Saltfishforty Bere all
- Comedy goes upmarket with three gigs in city bar next week
- TV writing scholarship for Gaelic speakers
- Not the Sensational Alex Harvey Band make their own space ahead of Market Bar gig
- Story of the Raintown year - with Ian Rankin
- XpoNorth bands announced
- Eddi Reader - songs in the moment
- REVIEW: Amy Macdonald
- Castlehill Heritage Centre
- REVIEW: Lloyd Cole