SiMBA was founded in 2005 to respond to the needs of those affected by the loss of a baby.
To date, SiMBA has:
• Gifted over 17,240 Memory Boxes to health care professionals in hospitals to pass onto bereaved families; each filled with treasured items to help make memories of the time that families have to spend with their baby.
• Installed 5 Trees of Tranquillity full-sized, hand-crafted metal sculptures, the leaves of which bear the names of babies gone too soon. Our first ever butterfly release was held in Inverness in 2012 at our tree of tranquillity site.
• Supported over 1000 individuals at our annual Butterfly Releases and Wave of Light remembrance events.
• Established 16 monthly support groups and 5 online forums, each monitored by a trained facilitator where families can share in confidence their grief and talk openly about their baby.
• Organised free advanced bereavement and palliative care study days for over 200 health care professionals.
• Refurbished and equipped family rooms in hospitals, enabling families to spend precious time with their baby.
SiMBA's Highland ambassador and trustee Susan Simpson supports our amazing team of volunteers who have worked tirelessly throughout the Highlands & Islands since 2011.
Our team in the Highlands are:
Kirkwall – Melissa, Kerri and Jemma
Stornoway – Joanne, Helen and Christine
Wick – Tracey Ann, Jeanette and Christine
Inverness – Norma and Catherine
Aviemore – Louise and Jo
Oban – Susan, Irene and Andrew
Lochgilphead – Tracey, Rene, Kirsty and Kerry
SiMBA is delighted to again be hosting Butterfly Releases in Stornoway, Wick, Inverness, Oban and Lochgilphead. This year our Making Memories beach events are being hosted in Nairn and Oban. SiMBA is determined to make sure that no bereaved family feels alone.
If you would like information about any of our services visit www.simbacharity.org.uk or if you would like to connect with a SiMBA team member in your area, contact Susan on firstname.lastname@example.org or 07771358382.